Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Naga finds a home



Two families from Australia and the States by way of Singapore recently left the corporate world and relocated to Luang Prabang where they are managing a guest house across the lane from where I stay. I frequently eat breakfast on their deck overlooking the Nam Khon. There are several children in the two families; and this week, one of the daughters rescued a tiny kitten from the lawn of the golden temple (two posts back) and brought him to their home to live.

Named Naga, which means dragon in Lao, the kitten was far from fierce. Instead, Naga had weepy eyes, scruffy, sparce fur and was the smallest, most rejected member of the litter. However,he did have, according to Susie, one of the new guesthouse managers, "the friendliest disposition of all of the kittens on the temple lawn."

Following one week of care including visits to Luang Prabang's one vet, shots, vitamins, and lots of tlc, Naga is blossoming. His new family thinks he has gained a lot of weight, his eyes are clear and his fur looks better. He has even developed a liking for technology as you can see in the photo.,

Naga visits the guesthouse though not as frequently as he may like, "We don't get much work done while he is here. In fact, when he visits, we give him a different name, 'the timewaster.' says Susie.

If you are interested in learning more about this pleasant guesthouse, contact Susie, Steve or Rachael at:

Villa Merry No 1 at +85671252325 or
www.villa-merry-guesthouse.com or merry1@getlostinlaos.com

I recommend them highly.


2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog. Do you know how I can get the blog to come automatic into my e-mail. My friend who went to Camino de Santigo had blog that came each time she posted. I think the blogger had to invite. I have to go in each time and it may be a few days before. I am sending you an e-mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to sign up to "follow" me. I am using a different application than the woman from our movie group.

    ReplyDelete