Friday, November 14, 2014

My last day at Wat Mano

Friday was my last day teaching at Wat Mano. I found it really sad to say goodbye to the young novices, since I have come to care for each and every one of them in the short time I have been here.

The novices are very intelligent, kind-hearted and fun with beautiful spirits that shine from thier faces.  On Friday, we take a break from teaching English and relax and have fun creating artwork, playing games and completing puzzles. I found it easier to hide behind my camera rather than let them see how sad I was to be leaving them.

Most of the novices are talented artists. As much as possible, we integrate the creation of the artwork into the English lessons. Once created, we put the artwork up on the walls of the classroom. Buddhist novices are not permitted to have personal possessions while they're in the monestary.





Below, Liz, one of the newest volunteers, enjoyed seeing the intricate drawings of one of the youngest novices in our class.


No comments:

Post a Comment